Hypnosis is an application that is applied with the voluntary participation of the person who is informed about hypnosis and makes the person into a different consciousness ( a kind of trance) with the suggestions given by the hypnotist. It is certainly not a drowsiness, and one’s consciousness does not fade, only one’s reaction to the stimuli coming from the environment diminishes or, as they disappear , becomes very clear to the suggestion of the hypnotist.
One never unwillingly undergoes hypnosis and does not tell private secrets one does not want. Patient does not take suggestions that do not fit his/her social and personal truths or comes out of hypnosis spontaneously.
Hypnosis is not a salon show application or entertainment tool. Especially hypnosis for therapeutic purposes should be performed by a physician who has received certified training from the Ministry of Health. Some special cases should be done by the relevant specialty branch. In this respect, the treatment authority in some diseases is given only to the doctors who are trained in the relevant field of expertise. Example: The authority to use hypnosis in the treatment of major depression, advanced alcohol addiction, schizophrenia, and psychopathic personality disorders has only been given to psychiatrists.
How To Perform It
- The person is informed about hypnosis
• Consent to perform hypnotherapy is obtained for the treatment of the person’s discomfort.
• It is applied in a calm and quiet environment , in a suitable seat ; with sound, visual inspection, using various objects and deep breathing techniques.
• Before the suggestions, it is tried to ensure that the person reaches the hypnotic brain frequency with various dreams. When the person becomes a suitable trance, suggestions that are deemed appropriate with various expressions are given.
• In some cases, the person is also authorized to autohypnosis ( self-hypnosis), limited to the relevant subject.
• Getting out of hypnosis by saying positive sentences to the person after giving sufficient suggestion.
How Many Sessions Are Performed?
Although the number of sessions varies depending on the person and the disease, 5-1o sessions may sometimes require more sessions. After the sessions are over, occasional reminder sessions can be held. The sessions can be performed 1-2 times a week. In very special cases, the following sessions can be completed by telephone and/ or video call.
Rules to be Applied Before Blood Letting
- Blood letting should be applied semi-full. It is recommended not to eat for at least 2-3 hours. Foods that increase sugar such as meats and desserts should not be consumed before.
• Animal food consumption should be prohibited starting at least 24 hours in advance.
• Must have sexual abstinence 24 hours in advance.
In Which Situations Is It Performed?
- Before , during and after all kinds of painful conditions. (such as surgery , birth.. before, during and after)
• Obesity , eating disorders
• All anxieties and phobias (such as exam anxiety, surgical procedure anxiety, fear of flying, fear of animals, etc.)
• Anxiety disorder and stress disorders
• Sleep problems( non-organic)
• Sexual problems ( non-organic)
• Functional bowel disorders ( Irritable Bowel Syndrome, constipations..)
• Non-organic allergic diseases (such as allergic rhinitis, asthma,seborrheic dermatitis, urticaria)
• Strengthening the immune system
• Motivating athletes
• Reducing complaints of cancer cases such as pain, vomiting, anxiety and drug side effects
Not Applicable Situations
- Schizophrenia and psychopathic conditions
• Alcohol and drug intoxication
• Depressed people with suicidal tendencies ( only a practitioner can do it)